15 June 2014

This Week // #15

chambray and curls
Doesn't this whole picture scream of summer dreaming? I want to wear pretty much exactly this on a beach somewhere... {image source}
Doing: as much resting as I can. The last fortnight has been busy and I've got myself pretty run down. The next two weeks are going to be even more manic, so I've been spending a lot of time watching films and gently snoozing this weekend. It does a body good to take a break.
Loving: Refashioned, by Sass Brown. This book is filled with designers creating ethical fashion, talking abotu sustainable production and transparent manufacturing processed. It is interesting and inspiring and a really great reminder that fashion doesn't have to come at a cost to people and the earth. Thank you to my mama for bringing me this lovely book.
Wearing: Single layers! Isn't it the best feeling to just put on a tshirt and be warm enough? The simple things.
Daydreaming: Of the sea. The beautiful weather recently has had me aching to go swimming but I have noone to go with! Harry is out in Cyprus with his family so it is just the cats and me right now... and they aren't the best lookouts for safe swimming. Fingers crossed the sun comes back in a few weeks.

Links of the week
I love this breakdown of what prints are called. Lets stop calling things 'ethnic' and 'tribal' and start recognising the history of particular fabric designs, hey?
After last weekend's photography workshop, I loved stumbling across this list of 59 things learnt about photography
I adore Rifle Paper Co's designs and their new wallpapers have me swooning. I am very much in love with the city toile versions... Another thing for decorating my imaginary house!
I rediscovered this old post of Sarah's giving a beginner's guide to ethical fashion and it is so clear and useful.
Dressed up kittens, because, kittens.

Catch up with Chambray and Curls
// Mariniere // Photography Workshop // Tea Party // Gemporia //

xxx Like what you see? You can follow me here:
 twitter // bloglovin // gfc // facebook

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the article about the breakdown of what prints are called. It definitely is something people need to be more educated about.

    Lola xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been loving single layers too. So refreshing!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been daydreaming of the sea recently too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for your sweet comments!